DISTRICT ENROLLMENT OFFICE
5740 Lawn Avenue
(216) 587-6100 ext. 3701
Fax: (216) 518-2679
Students planning to attend the Maple Heights City Schools must be enrolled. All registrations into the Maple Heights City School District require an appointment to provide a completed registration packet, along with the following items per registration. Registration packets are available for pick-up at all of our school buildings and Board of Education, between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. weekdays or can be DOWNLOADED.
The Enrollment/Registration Packet must be completed prior to scheduling your appointment with the Enrollment Office. Please call 216-587-6100, ext. 3701 to schedule your appointment.
The following items are required to complete the enrollment process:
• Birth Certificate (child must be 5 years of age by 9/30 to enroll in kindergarten)
• Social Security Card or Number
• Complete Immunization Records
• Custody Papers (a signed and certified copy, if applicable)
• Ohio Driver’s License or State ID
• Withdrawal Form/Transfer Slip from your child's prior school
• Last Report Card (if applicable)
• Unofficial Transcript (high school only)
• IEP (special education students only)
• Medical Exam Results (special needs, pre-school only)
• Proof of residency – At least 3 forms of proof is required.
Such documents may include, but are not limited to, current voter registration card, current municipal income tax return, valid driver’s license with current address, current utility bills, pay vouchers, current lease, and current insurance declaration page
For additional information or to make an appointment to enroll your child, please contact our Enrollment Office at 587-6100 ext. 3701.
CHANGES IN RESIDENCY/CUSTODY/CONTACT INFORMATION
You have a continuing duty to immediately inform the District of any changes of residence (including proof as required—see “Change of Address Packet”) and/or standing as to legal custody (including the most recent court documents).
Parents are also required to nofity the school office immediately of any changes in current home, work, emergency, and/or cell phone numbers.
If you are leaving Maple Heights Schools to go to another school district, you will need to go to your child's current school building to withdraw him/her. At that time, you will be given a copy of the withdrawal form and school records to take to your child's new school. You will need a photo ID.