January 12, 2021
Dear Maple Heights Families,
We will begin the 3rd nine weeks by preparing for a hybrid return but start remote.
This will require us to reconstitute classrooms in each building across the district based on hybrid vs. remote requests by our parents. Some students will start the 2nd semester, which is the start of the 3rd nine weeks with a new teacher because semester break is the best place for this to occur. Principals are working to minimize the number of classroom changes for students. You will be notified of class changes prior to January 19th.
We will begin on January 19th as follows:
- Students who were attending face to face prior to the November shutdown will return 4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday). Those student groups include:
- Intensive Needs Students with Disabilities
- Each school will be adding a face-to-face component for students who are in need of academic support outside of the remote learning classroom.
We will continue to review Cuyahoga County Board of Health information and data, but we will set the date of February 16th as the goal for beginning the transition into our hybrid learning.
We will begin as follows:
- Selected student groups that opted for Hybrid will return on Tuesday, February 16th (notifications will be sent to families). During this transition we will spend two weeks increasing the capacity of hybrid learning.
- We have set a goal of 100% of those wanting hybrid to return the week of March 1st.
In this progression, we will be in a position, if everything goes well, to have a full return for those who want it when Spring Break ends, start of the 4th nine weeks (April 6th).
Dr. Charles Keenan