Important Information about Continuous Learning During the Summer
Due to the amount of missed instruction during the closure of school due to Covid-19 and the potential loss of learning called ‘the summer slide’, we have designed a summer virtual learning plan that involves all of our children. Below you will find the most important information regarding summer learning for students in grades K-5.
- All students in grades K-5 will be assigned to a google classroom based on an analysis of reading and math data
- Students will receive one hour of instruction daily Monday-Thursday in key learning standards/skills
- Lessons will be delivered by our teachers in Google Classroom/Google Hangouts
- Sessions begin on Monday, June 15, 2020 and run throughout the summer until early August
- While there will be no grades assigned or work submitted during this time it is essential that your children log-in each week for at least three days a week
- Chromebooks will be provided to you if you need them during the summer months (if your family already has a district Chromebook we are allowing you to continue using them for summer learning following the Acceptable Use Policy)
- Lessons are designed to be fast paced and engaging but essential
- Your child’s log in information will be sent to you through the Remind App
- Directions for accessing Google Classrooms are on the back of this page
- If you have technical difficulties you may receive assistance through the following link: email@example.com
- You may also contact our summer learning coordinator, Mrs. Barretta Stevens at 216-952-2572
- One other avenue of support is your child’s current principal through the end of June
- Each summer learning teacher will also have email/office hours available
Thank you for your continued support!
How to Log into Google:
- Go to www.google.com
- In the top right hand corner you will see the option to sign in using your student’s login.
- If you do not know your students login, please send a message to their teacher and they can assist.
How to Log into Google Classroom:
- After you have signed into google, you can navigate to Google Classroom.
- Google Classroom can be found inside the Waffle (Nine Square) in the upper right hand corner. It is just to the left of where you signed in.
- After you click the Waffle, select Google Classroom.
- From this screen, select your student’s classroom.
- In google classroom there are three sections you can select at the top: Stream, Classwork, and People. Below is a description of each section.
- Stream: In the stream section you can view upcoming assignments, view posts from the teacher, create posts for the class to view, and enter Google Meet for live instruction. The Google Meet link is in the top banner underneath the name of the classroom.
- Classwork: In the classwork section you can view, work on, or ask questions about all assignments created by the teacher. Assignments are grouped by topics, which are a way for the teacher to organize the class. For example, a teacher may organize a class by week. You can also view all your own work and enter Google Meet via a link to the left of the Google Calendar.
- People: In the people’s section you can view everyone in your class along with the teachers.
- Google Meet is where you will go for Live Instruction. As stated above, you can access Google Meet via a link in both the stream and classwork section in Google Classroom.
- After you click on the link, you will be taken to a waiting room where you can join the meet.